Posted: September 17th, 2022
Write a brief literature review on ONE of the following topics. As we discussed in class, if you want, you can further narrow down the topic and make the topic more focused.
Topic; 4. Legal rights of consumers in Canada and how these rights shape companies’ marketing practices (Feel free to pick two or three legal rights and then focus on the marketing efforts)
Handle Topic 4
Please follow the guideline meticulously… All these aspects will be reviewed
Note that all references must be peer reviewed. Kindly use Google scholar to access the articles.. Not later than 10 years
Take-Home Final Exam
Due Date: September 19th, Monday by 11:59 pm Pacific Time
Write a brief literature review on ONE of the following topics. As we discussed in class, if you
want, you can further narrow down the topic and make the topic more focused.
1. Family-owned businesses in Canada and their contributions to the economy
(To further narrow down the topic, you can, for example, choose family-owned restaurant
businesses in Canada)
2. Microfinance initiatives in Canada: Impact and challenges
3. Environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) initiatives of corporations in
Vancouver and their impact on the triple bottom line (people, plant, and profit)
4. Legal rights of consumers in Canada and how these rights shape companies’ marketing
(Feel free to pick two or three legal rights and then focus on the marketing efforts)
5. Best practices to develop managers in the IT sector in Canada and the impact of those
practices on the company’s success
(Feel free to pick another industry of your interest)
The literature review should have the following parts. Please use headings and sub-heads
throughout the paper:
1. Introduce (introduction) the issue/subject matter to be discussed and provide the context.
Mention why the subject is important and why writing a literature review in that subject area
will add value to the body of knowledge.
2. Explicitly discuss your purpose of writing the literature review.
3. Mention the research questions that the literature review will address. Considering the
size/page limit of the literature review, you should not ask and address more than three
4. Summarize (summary) the relevant findings and contents from your sources for the
literature review. Make sure you relate the sources to the topic you chose. For example, you
could look for perspectives and trends in your chosen topic in publications. You could also
explore problems/challenges, theories and practices, methodologies used for research, etc.
through your secondary research. What you’ll summarize will depend on your research
5. Write a thorough discussion section discussing the current body of knowledge – discuss your
findings and what they mean.
6. As part of the discussion section, discuss the research gap in your chosen topic and
opportunities for future research based on your findings.
7. Conclude (conclusion) by reiterating the importance of the subject and explaining how your
study will add value to the body of knowledge.
8. Write an abstract. You should write the abstract after you complete the literature review.
The abstract should be placed at the beginning – after the cover page and before the
• This final exam is meant to be an individual work, and therefore, you are not allowed to
communicate with your classmates or any individuals regarding the exam.
• Most of your references (80% or above) must be peer-reviewed journal articles. In
addition to peer-reviewed journal articles, I’ll accept sources such as company annual
report, doctoral dissertations, master’s theses, and trade journals. There’s no set
requirement of the total number of sources.
• Find recent publications as references for up-to-date information. The more recent the
• You will be writing a short literature review. Please do not exceed 12 pages (doublespaced) excluding the title page and the reference page(s).
• Follow the APA guidelines (for references as well as for formatting) for the paper.
• Your literature review will be evaluated based on your work on the parts mentioned
above, the quality and depth of your research, using and citing appropriate sources,
following APA guidelines, quality of writing, etc.
• Please write the paper on a Word document and submit it by September 19th, Monday,
11:59 pm Pacific Time on Turnitin in the MyUCW course shell. You’ll only be allowed to
submit the paper once. So, please make sure you review the paper properly before
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.