Posted: August 3rd, 2022
Nursing Rewards and Challenge Paper Assignment Instructions
Purpose: The student will explore the rewards and challenges associated with a professional nursing career.
Course Objective (CO): This assignment enables the student to meet the following course objective:
CO #4: Develop a beginning understanding of the trends and issues in health care delivery and how they affect the nursing profession.
Due Date: The completed paper with title page and reference list is to be submitted to the Canvas Dropbox by 11:59pm, Sunday, August 30th, 2020.
- This paper will address 3 identified rewards and 1 current challenge with 2 solutions commonly experienced within the nursing profession.
- Each reward and the challenge with solutions must be well supported with scholarly journal articles and books/E-books/textbooks. Websites such as blogs, educational institution sites, job boards, newspapers, magazines, and other non-scholarly resources may not be used. Contact the course instructor and/or librarian if questions arise regarding the suitability of a website or source. Do not use personal opinions or any of the follow pronouns: I, me, my, you, your, or we. Quotations of any type are not acceptable.
- This paper must be 4 to 6 pages in length excluding the title page and references page. An abstract is not required. Extra pages will not be read and will not count toward your grade.
- The most current APA edition format is required. Include a title page and a reference page. The paper must be double-spaced using Times New Roman with 12-point font size. Margins should be set 1-inch at the top, bottom, left, and right of every page. Paragraph indentions should be ½ inch. All pages are to be numbered consecutively, beginning with the title page. Examples of formatting an APA paper can be found in the APA Publication Manual 7th edition. The manual is the standard for formatting all papers in the College of Nursing. When referencing resources, manually type in the information – do not use the ‘Citation’ drop-down boxes or copy and paste from the internet or library source. Also, remember that automatically generated citations often have errors. You are responsible for the information being correct.
- A minimum of 3 references are required. One reference must be a scholarly journal and one should be from a book/textbook. The third reference may be a scholarly journal, a book/E-book/textbook, or a credible, approved website. No more than 5 references within the above-mentioned resource types should be used for this paper. All references must be current within the last 5 years.
- The body of the paper must include the introduction followed by 3 sections with these APA Level 1 headings. See APA Manual 7th ed. p. 47-49 section 2.27 Heading Levels.
- Challenge and Solutions
- Use scholarly writing including correct English grammar, sentence structure, and spelling.